Welcome to the Graduation Unit
Important: If you are completing your course shortly and expect to graduate, please ensure that you have completed and lodged the relevant "I Expect To Complete" form if required to do so. Note: This form does not register your intention to graduate or change your personal details.
Conferring of Degrees - General Information
The yearly timetable for the conferring of awards can be viewed on the Graduation Allocation schedule.
Following the official release of final results in July and December each year students should go to their eStudent account and carry out the following steps:
1. Click on "My Results and Graduation" – your final results will be visible here.
2. Click on "Check for Graduation" – the award you have qualified with will be displayed together with your individual graduation ceremony location, date and time.
3. Graduation information will be sent to all qualified students by STUDENT EMAIL.
4. Your graduation status will remain on "HOLD" in eStudent until you have confirmed whether or not you will be attending your graduation ceremony – please refer to the Graduation information. If you do not respond to the Graduation Invitation and your status remains as HOLD, you will graduate in absentia and cannot attend a subsequent ceremony
Note: Students graduating with a postgraduate or undergraduate certificate, study abroad diploma or certificate will not attend a graduation ceremony. Your graduation documents will be mailed to you as soon as possible after the graduation series has concluded.
Are your student details correct?
Check and update your information at eStudent: https://student1.mq.edu.au
- Enter your new contact mailing address via eStudent
- Select this address as your preferred mailing address
- Ensure that you provide your non-student email address and mobile number in case we need to contact you regarding your graduation
OR if you do not have access to eStudent, then you must contact Student Enquiry Service (SES) to update your contact details
Change of Name
If you are graduating you will have the opportunity to change your name as it will appear on your graduation testamur by returning the Conferring Of Degrees form along with official certified documentary evidence to support the change. Please note that the name change request must be submitted in person or by post before the due date shown on the Conferring Of Degrees form. This information must be complete and received by the deadline indicated otherwise a $65 fee will apply to reprint your documents.
If you are not graduating you must submit certified photocopies of official documentation with the desired name on it to the Student Enquiry Service, either in person or by post. Documents accepted include passports and birth, marriage or change of name certificates from the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages. Documents cannot be faxed or emailed to the Student Enquiry Service.